Enforcement of UST Regulations for 2018
Enforcement of UST Regulations for 2018. EPA regulations put in place in 2015 will be fully enforced starting October 13, 2018. Agents must be proactive and notify their clients of this and explain to them how these regulations affect their businesses. You can reference the 40-page EPA booklet outlining the regulations by following this link.
For your convenience, I’ve highlighted a few key regulations below:
The following regulations will be enforced beginning October 13, 2018:
Sump and Overfill Prevention Regulations
All tanks installed on or before October 13, 2015 ever receiving deliveries greater than 25 gallons 1.) Must begin testing spill buckets every three (3)
2.) Must begin inspecting overfill prevention equipment every three (3) years.All tanks installed after October 13, 2015 ever receiving deliveries greater than 25 gallons 1.) Must test spill buckets every three (3) years AND
2.) Must inspect overfill prevention equipment every three (3) years.
*Spill containment and containment sump testing is not required if the containment is double-walled and uses periodic interstitial monitoring. *
• All facilities must have designated and trained Class A, B, and C operators.
Walkthrough Inspection Regulations
• All facilities must test or inspect components within 30 days after a repair to spill oroverfill prevention equipment or secondary containment areas.
Release Detection Regulations
• All facilities must begin annual Release Detection Equipment operability testing.
• Pressurized Piping installed on or before April 11, 2016, must begin testingcontainment sumps used for piping interstitial monitoring every three (3) years.
• Suction Piping Installed on or before April 11, 2016, must test containment sumpsused for piping interstitial monitoring every three (3) years.
• Facilities using Vapor or Groundwater Monitoring must begin keeping a record of asite assessment for as long as the method is used.