create your future in environmental insurance with us
A Broker (or Producer) at ARMR has two main objectives. The first is to act as proficient environmental insurance adviser to all of their clients; the second objective is to establish, maintain, and grow a book of environmental insurance business. The various responsibilities of and expectations for Brokers center around these two objectives and assist in achieving these goals. The Broker builds personalized working relationships with clients and prospective clients while also learning their environmental risk and insurance program needs. They engage the entire service team and other resources to ensure value and efficiency for all of theirs and ARMR’s clients. The Broker has a strong understanding of the environmental insurance marketplace and industry and uses that knowledge in placing coverage and negotiating terms and conditions on behalf of clients. As a Broker, you are the leader of your team and your team members will look to you for guidance and direction.
Your day-to-day tasks will vary based on the needs of your team, but below are few examples of a Broker’s general duties and responsibilities.
In regard to sales, marketing, and prospecting:
- Builds personalized client relationships through multiple channels of communication such as phone, email, and in-person meetings
- Actively and consistently prospects and markets to current and prospective clients through multiple types of media such as phone, email, social media, print, and in-person meetings
- Continually networks with those in the environmental insurance industry as well as current and prospective clients through things such as industry tradeshows or conferences and networking events
- Regularly monitors their individual team’s sales goals and progress
- Works with their Account Manager, service team, and other internal departments to plan, execute, and track a general sales strategy that can be tailored to each client
- Works with their team to effectively manage and oversee new business and renewal processes by following ARMR procedures and protocols
In regard to client service:
- Analyzes risk, coverage, program structure and recommends options
- Handles insurance quotes and proposals, providing summary of programs, options, and other specifics to help clients in making purchasing decisions
- Leverages insurance knowledge and communication skills to explain coverage terms, program options, and other items to clients as needed
- Takes an enterprise-wide approach to client service by collaborating with their team members and the service team to create a cohesive client service experience
- Manages time effectively to be available to current and prospective clients
In regard to market strategy and negotiation:
- Assembles submissions for underwriters based on information gathered from clients related to their exposures, lines of coverage needed, etc.
- Communicates with underwriters on submissions and negotiates premium, coverage, and other terms on behalf of clients
- Evaluates coverage, terms, and conditions of quotes received from underwriters; compares quote options from multiple carriers and presents coverage comparisons as requested
- Remains current on forms, coverage, insurance carriers, industry trends, and legislation
- Maintains positive working relationships with insurance carriers, attends meetings and events as appropriate, and proactively learns about their products and underwriting approaches
In regard to information processing:
- Consistently follows ARMR procedures and protocols related to service
- Accurately maintains complete client files including the clear documentation of account detail in agency management systems including policy information, activities, attachments, and correspondence
In regard to internal peer relationships and as team leader:
- Facilitates ongoing, scheduled meetings with their team to discuss accounts, renewals, service needs, etc.
- Guides and mentors others in the office
- Communicates effectively with their team and provides timely and complete information to allow them to efficiently manage their processes and workload
- Develops successful and effective working relationships with Account Managers, service team members, managers, and members of other departments