Insurance Account Executive
Small Business Unit
This position is responsible for the retention and growth of our new small business unit (SBU). They will be responsible for managing and leading a team within the SBU to achieve their growth goals set by ARMR. The account executive will work closely with insurance agents across the country on book of business to provide high customer service satisfaction; sustain client retention, team support, and technical expertise pertaining to environmental insurance. The Account Executive will maintain business relationships via multiple channels of communications and deliver services as a link between the carrier, client, agent, and other organizations as necessary. This includes assisting in writing new business and retaining existing accounts that qualify as small businesses.
- Leading a team within the SBU to achieve their goals set by ARMR.
- Working with the insurance agents nationally to retain clients and to deliver service to meet client, or agent’s specific needs including but not limited to: Explaining coverage purchased and/ or advantages, and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly customer experience to clients. This includes responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverage’s, ARMR’s competitive advantage, policy changes, claim support, and billing clarification.
- Providing support and leadership to the service team on the small business unit’s book of business. Support includes working with your team to achieve yearly and monthly production goals.
- Record all activities in the management database system for record keeping purposes and to support the sales process.
- Establishes payment arrangements with clients for each new/renewal account according to Agency guidelines. Help collect premiums as required.
- Reviewing policies and quotes for accuracy and sending them to the insurance agent to sell.
- Manage the retention of existing and new business through spreadsheets, company database, email, telephone, voicemail, fax and hard copy documents.
- Support with other various ARMR staff duties when they are not available/or time is available. Tasks include but are not limited to: data entry, marketing, data quality control etc.
- Able to work/ be available remotely during nonscheduled hours to ensure retention of the book of business: responsibilities including forwarding business line and monitoring emails through company provided smartphone, answering client phone calls or urgent emails as needed.
- 2+ years of sales experience in commercial property casualty insurance
- Carries a property and casualty insurance license
- Insurance designations are preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree from a college or university; and/ or minimum of 2 to 3 years work experience at an insurance agency or company specializing in insurance; or minimum of 5 years equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in EPIC, Salesforce, or its’ equivalent
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe
Characteristics of Success in this position:
- Able to use and learn computer functions quickly
- Professional skills in written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated and goal-orientated
- Detail orientated
- Pro-active in problem solving
- Positive daily attitude
- Works well under pressure and deadlines
- Strong time management and follow-through skills
- Poses a high level of organization skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties, as well as work cooperatively in a team
- Dean Health Insurance
- Living Healthy Bonus
- AFLAC Insurance Options
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Work Hours
- Paid Holidays, Sick days & Vacation
- IRA Match- Retirement Account
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Pet-ternity Leave
- P&C Licensing & CE Compensation
- Designation Compensation
- Tuition Compensation
- Mentorship Programs
- Student Internship Programs
- Beer & Kombucha Kegs
- Company Outings
- Casual Dress Code
- Referral Bonus for hired employees
- In Office Shower and Locker Room
- Employee Volunteer day