As the Office Assistant, you will play a role in many of the areas within the company. The general duties of this position revolve around supporting the day-to-day operations of our brokerage firm.
Examples of Duties Include:
- Answering the main phone line and fielding calls from agents, clients, and other callers
- Distributing mail, packages, and other deliveries
- Monitoring the office-wide fax machine
- Processing checks and payments from agencies and clients
- Maintaining the agency management system (Applied Epic)
- Assisting various office teams with projects as they arise
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but it provides a general overview and introduction to the position.
Our ideal candidate is looking for a part-time position as this is not a full-time one. We offer considerable flexibility when it comes to setting a schedule and expect around 20 to 30 hours a week, preferably spread across all days of the work week. For example, someone who can work Monday through Friday from 10:00AM to 2:00PM each day would be great.
As a candidate, you should be proficient with computers and standard software programs:
(Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel), Adobe Acrobat), have customer service experience, and have some work experience (1-2 years) in insurance (preferably commercial lines). Experience with an agency management system (especially Applied Epic) is highly valued, but not required.