Brad Maurer, CPCU, J.D.
Environmental Insurance Consultant
Brad Maurer is another pioneer in the environmental insurance industry. After his role as a project
environmental scientist for Black & Veatch performing Superfund site investigations under contract with
USEPA Region 3, he joined one of the first groups of environmental underwriters at ECS Underwriting
(now XL/Caitlin). At that time, there were only rudimentary policies with first-party and third-party
insurance contained on separate policy forms.
Started in the environmental risk management business in 1991
- Managing Underwriter at ECS/XL and founding Underwriting Director at Kemper. Managed underwriting units for the issuance of pollution legal liability, Cost Cap insurance, and lenders environmental liability policies
- In-house product development counsel involved in drafting environmental insurance policies. Co-author of combined first party/third party pollution legal liability forms, lenders liability policy and remediation stop loss forms
- In house counsel for a $50MM environmental services firm
- Principal/Executive in developing Brownfield properties where EIL and Cost Cap policies were utilized. Purchased, remediated and sold brownfield properties in NJ, NY, MA and PA
- Principal/Executive in Guaranteed Fixed Price Remediation (GFPR) entity TerraSure. Marketed, negotiated, and executed 15 GFPR contracts in CA, FL, PA, NJ, NY, RI, MA, and IA. Was a corporate risk manager with the development of subcontracts and environmental insurance including Cost Cap
- Senior Vice President and leader of national environmental insurance brokerage operations with thousands of policies placed over twelve year